Below is an attempt to represent my resume in HTML. If you are having trouble viewing it or would like a more standard format, please checkout the download links below for some common filetypes. Feel free to shoot me a note if you would like to see a new/different file format.
(205) 409 - 2231
P.O. Box 41191
Mobile, AL 36640
Software Engineer Principal - Systems Architecture, Design, Support, and Enablement
• Provided general application and architecture support for multiple development teams as well as targeted support to reduce incidents and increased reliability year-over-year.
• Evaluated and managed multi-million-dollar integrations with SaaS vendors for both monitoring solutions and internal system replacements.
• Designed and coordinated proof-of-concept projects with business and IT collaboration.
• Built an internal network of Principals, crossing technical disciplines throughout the company, to share ideas and collectively problem solve.
• Mentored multiple engineers on technical and career advancements in one-one-one and group sessions.
Software Engineer Manager – Talent and Software Growth, Support, and Enablement
• Managed multiple development and support teams totaling over 25 members to build and support key applications enabling a $7+ billion dollar per year paint business.
• Grew a team from twelve engineers to three balanced teams of six to eight engineers partnered with dedicated user experience designers and product managers.
• Allocated a multi-million dollar budget, tracked delivery of assigned work, negotiated contracts and pricing, managed vendor relationships, and worked to reduce the total cost of ownership for an enterprise priority software system.
Lead / Staff Software Engineer – XP, Agile Development, Support
• Led a development team of up to 12 engineers to expand application functionality and support a $65+ million dollar per year selling system.
• Assisted in the interviewing and hiring of engineers through phone screens, in-person interviews, and collaborative pairing techniques.
• Collaborated with a core group of engineers, managers, and principles to develop common tooling which enabled the new Agile processes being fostered inside The Home Depot.
• Guided engineering teams through the transition utilizing Q&As and pairing sessions.
• Coordinated integrations with customer, order, and product management systems.
• Fostered learning opportunities through organization wide engineering presentations, demonstrations, and individual interactions.
Senior IT Developer – XP/Scrum, Agile Development, Support
• Anchored the development of a selling system which generates $2 million dollars weekly.
• Utilized SCRUM and Extreme Programming techniques to enable our team to quickly react to change, develop cleaner software, and increase confidence in the product.
• Collaborated with individuals / teams to transition to modern Agile development practices.
IT Developer I / II – Application Development, Application Support.
• Built and maintained a data management and reporting application for vendor use.
• Took charge on incident management and vendor engagement for the Paint applications.
• Created and maintained reporting channels for internal and external business partners.
Major: Management Information Systems
Minor: Computer Software Systems
Scrum Alliance – License: 000307290
Scrum Alliance – License: 000307290
Tools/Processes/Environments: Windows, OS X, Linux, Pivotal Tracker, Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Concourse, New Relic, Splunk, Pager Duty, IntelliJ Suite
• Orange Promise Award
• Eagle Scout
• Habitat for Humanity – Atlanta, GA
• SaveFirst – Tuscaloosa, AL