Last Updated: 11/23/2020 (v0.2)
Table of Contents
- Who do you think you are?
- What are you collecting about me?
- How long do you keep those logs?
- What about your sharing buttons?
- What else should I know?
- I have questions…
- Version History
Who do you think you are?
I am Winston R. Milling, this is my personal website and blog. I have more information on this subject on my about page.
What are you collecting about me?
- I do not set any cookies on the site, don’t currently plan to implement any either.
- I do allow the web server to collect default logs. This is so that I can get general statistics and usage information for the site. An example of such a log is as follows:
127.0.0.1 - - [26/Apr/2020:15:35:06 -0400] "GET /blog/ HTTP/2.0" 200 4396 "https://winston.milli.ng/" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux aarch64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0".
- I do not share these logs with any third-parties for any purpose.
- I do use a CDN provider that does collect anonymized information. From their GDPR page:
We have overhauled our user Privacy & Data policy and taken steps to ensure no personally identifiable data is stored from your users that access your services through BunnyCDN by anonymizing any data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify a user.
How long do you keep those logs?
I currently keep raw nginx logs for thirty (30) days. This will be in effect until I figure out what I would like to keep for historical trends (anonymized) and how I am going to store/visualize them.
What about your sharing buttons?
What else should I know?
This policy can change at any time. When it does I will post a new version here and have the historical versions linked somewhere below with their effective dates.
I have questions…
Great! Jump on over to my contact page and shoot me a note via one of the avenues listed there.